Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheese Blintz and Raspberry-Honey Syrup

We can't have a White family reunion without Ruth's famous Cheese Blintzes. An alteration on a traditional cheese blintz, these are super easy to make, relatively healthy (before all the toppings that is) and a fan favorite.

Cheese Blintzes

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup flour
Directions:

In a medium size bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Add cottage cheese and yogurt, blend well. Add dry ingredients and mix until belended. Cook like pancakes, center should remain cheesey.

* And, to be perfectly honest, i just dump everything in the bowl and mix it all at once, and it always turns out fine :-)


Raspberry-Honey Syrup

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 10 ounce package frozen raspberries (can substitute other berries as well) thawed or 1 pint fresh cleaned and sliced
Directions:

Melt butter and berries in microwave, mix with a fork and add honey to taste.

2 comments:

  1. I love these and can't wait to make them! Who knew such a delicious concoction could be "easy" to make . . . I will have to let you know if I think it is "easy" -- I am definitely not the best cook in the kitchen! Thanks for sharing the recipe -- this is definitely one my my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this! I think I'm going to need a griddle for it...

    ReplyDelete